3/16" is the largest joint size that can be used with the Raimondi RLS tile leveling system.
Raimondi RLS Tile Leveling System 1/8" Red Clip
The Raimondi Leveling System (RLS) eliminates tile lippage and drastically speeds up the tile setting process. The red RLS clips provide a 1/8" grout joint and can be used to level tiles between 1/8" - 1/2" thick.
Raimondi RLS Tile Leveling System Features
- Raimondi Leveling System greatly improves the overall quality of your finished tile project by ensuring the proper leveling of tiles.
- RLS spacer clips can be used to level wall tile or floor tile.
- RLS spacer clips and RLS wedges further enhance tile-thinset adhesion by uniformly pushing tiles deep into thinset to ensure proper leveling and adhesive bondage.
- Installation and removal of the spacer clips is quick and easy.
RLS Red Clip Technical Data
- Minimum tile thickness: 1/8"
- Maximum tile thickness: 1/2" (use RLS Large White Clip for thicker tile)
- Grout joint: 1/8"
How to Use Raimondi Tile Leveling System
- STEP 1: After spreading your tile adhesive, insert leveling clip underneath the tiles along the 4 sides - use traditional spacers as you normally would to square up the corners. For larger tiles, it may be necessary to "double up", using 2 leveling spacers for each side.
- STEP 2: Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet.
- STEP 3: Use the special traction-adjustable pliers to insert the wedge into the leveling spacer clips - Be certain not to pass the breakpoint of the clip!
- STEP 4: Once the tile adhesive has been allowed to set, remove the leveling spacer clips with the traction-adjustable pliers, rubber mallet, or by kicking them out with your feet. Grout can be installed once all clips have been removed.
Question & Answers
The box of 2000 Raimondi RLS red 1/8" clips are currently on back order and expected to be available in the middle of February 2016. We have a limited supply.
We do offer quantity discounts on large quantities of Raimondi RLS clips please email email@example.com with your information and the desired quantity.
These clips can be used to level stone less than 1/2" thick. Please see the chart below to determine how many clips you'll need per sq. ft. for each size stone.
No, the Raimondi clips are designed to break below the grout line and will not be visible through the grout.
No, the Raimondi tile leveling system is not recommended for use with mosaic tile. Instead, most installers suggest using a float to tap the mosaic piece into place.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
I've used thousands of these, reliable results every time which is pretty much perfect
Purchased this system after speaking to one of the representatives at Contractors Direct. So very glad he led me in the right direction and I will continue to use this system going forward.
First time DIY tile installer in my own house. This honestly made the job 1000 times easier and I laid over 800sq feet with this system. I tried a store QEP leveling spacer and it did not compare. The grout joints came out slightly uneven and surprisingly was more expensive than these. I will never install tile again without the Raimondi Leveling Spacers.
I bought the wedges, clips, and pliers. The Raimondi leveling system works great. My floor came out perfect absolutely no lippage on the whole floor. I bought 250 wedges which is enough to cover a rather large area when using 12"x24" tiles. Overall, I love the system and would definitely going to use it again. My finished floor is perfectly level and smooth.
Used this system for the past 4 years and i love the way it makes the job perfect.�It works best on large tile. �Make sure you back butter the back of the tile as well as the floor with thinset to make sure you get perfect contact and no voids.
This system was used to install large format 12x24 porcelain tiles on a floor framed 24" o.c. and prepped using Ditra XL. Floor flatness was 3/16"- in 10'. Setting compound was Mapei uncoupling membrane mortar. Tile pattern was 4" offset. ��The use of Ditra XL as well as Kerdi Band at seams introduced significant compromises in flatness in the tile setting surface. Getting Ditra XL + mortar to lay flat on the subfloor during application was a bridge too far as it turned out. Much gnashing of teeth was done prior to laying the first tile. ��Despite starting with a sizable handicap in floor flatness and a large format rectangular tile, the Raimondi system produced excellent results. The Raimondi system was truly a pleasure to work with. The system did an outstanding job compensating for flatness problems introduced by the Schluter system. Raimondi is a brand I will lean on now and in the future. These guys know what they're doing.