this gun helped me complete my last job with less help which means more profit. I was able to direct part of my crew to the next job 2 days sooner than expected. Once you figure the consistency of the mortar needed this little tool will put a smile on your face!
Quikpoint Mortar Gun with Black & Decker DR250 3/8" Drill
Enjoy Special Savings On This Product During Our Monthly Special! Was $285.95, now only $257.36!
Quikpoint is up to five times faster than conventional pointing methods.
- For tuckpointing, brick work, stone work, thin brick, grouting, crack repair, and glass block.
- Works on floors and walls
- Speeds application of mortar 5 times faster to all types of masonry joints.
- Quick, clean, and accurate!
- Hopper holds three quarts of mortar.
- Uses all standard and pre-mixed pointing mortars.
- Excellent mortar penetration. Vibrator fed auger drive assures constant mortar bead.
- Unbreakable polyurethane body and nozzle holder.
- Takes just 10 seconds to reload 1/2 gallon hopper.
- Quick clean up in less than a minute simply by flushing with water.
- Portable, weighs only 10 lbs (approximately 13 lbs loaded).
- Specially designed nozzle with 4 interchangeable steel tips (small: 3/16" X 0.8", medium: 1/4" X 0.8", large: 0.55" X 0.66", and special angled tip for overhead work 1/4" x 0.8").
- Nozzle rotates for horizontal and vertical joints.
- Quikpoint Mortar Gun is powered by a Black & Decker DR250 5.2 Amps, 3/8" drill (0-1500RPM)
- Gibco MRF mortar additive will prevent mortar from clogging nozzle, when pausing during use.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Repointed 5,000 SF. of a 16,000 SF. project. So far so good. Lid falls off repeatedly, had to buy a latch and install on one, should have come with latch, put a nail thru the other one to keep the lid on. Purchased (2) both seem to be holding up to everyday use. We'll know on the next 11,000 SF.
I have been a mason for 4 decades now and iam pretty beat up. I just hated to use the bag because of a bad case of tendenitious. New tools are always a welcome site on the job site.this tool is fun to use just scoop mud and pull the trigger! Worked better than I hoped. Iam told u can buy a rebuild kit so it looks like you might get some longgivity out of it. As far as viscosity it likes wet mud but will struggle on stiff stone mud.hope this helps I would do it again.
I use the Quickpoint for Tuckpointing and have for 4years now. In that time I have had to replace only the auger but only because I had a rather large rock somehow get in my mortar and snapped the shaft on it. But to give credit where credit is due.....after it stopped I continued to squeeze the trigger on the drill. My bad. It's funny because Shawn my brother in law a 26 year mason hired me to do some Tuckpointing for him and he bought this gun and ask me to use it. I wined, I cried, I stomped....no one likes change.....But as I began to use it I could tell this tool was for me. They say 5 times faster I say 10. So the brother in law was so right. I bought my own a month later. Still have it and will always use it. Good By to the Bag.