It all depends on what type of liner is used. If you use a standard chloraloy liner then the liner should be installed under the Quikpitch sticks. If you use a paint-on liner like Laticrete Hydroban the Quickpitch should be installed first and then the liner is painted on top. We have links next to the pictures with the installation instructions and videos on the installation. If you have more questions please call (800) 709-0002.
Mark E Quick-Pitch Kit
Permanently installed screed guide for shower floors, tile tubs, and fountains. Guarantees a proper slope for drainage with no error in measurement or the need for a laser or level.
- A center ring is placed over the drain and the tapered float sticks are attached leaving you with a perfect 1/4" fall per 12" run.
- Standard center ring for round drain covers.
- Square drain covers require the universal center ring. We recommend purchasing the extra float sticks with the universal center ring for square drain cover applications.
- Standard Kit (QPK-101) - Fits 3 ft x 5 ft showers.
- Extra Float Sticks (XFS-101.2) - Contains 4 sticks- These are necessary for larger areas for screeding purposes. You want your float sticks to be a maximum of 2-1/2 ft from each other at the outer ends. These ʻextrasʼ are generally needed for use in custom shower areas with either curved, or more than four walls.
- Extended Float Sticks (EFS-103) - These are for areas where the outer walls are of a greater distance then 3 ft from the drain. These give you the ability to do up to a 12 ft x 12 ft shower room!
- With Quick Pitch's three kits anyone can float any size or shape shower and get a perfect 1/4" slope every time!
- Standard Kit (QPK-101) includes 6 Float Sticks, 1” to 1 3/4” taper x 36" long & 1 center ring.
- Extra Float Sticks (XFS-101.2) includes 4 Float Sticks, 1” to 1 3/4” taper x 36" long.
- Extended Float Sticks (EFS-103) includes 4 Float Sticks, 1-3/4" to 2-1/2" taper x 36" long.
- The Quick Clips are designed to be used with the Schluter Kerdi Drain, Noble TS and Quick Drain Systems.
- These clips hold the Quick Pitch Standard and Extended Float sticks in place for the installation on a wood or concrete sub-floor.
- Package contains 12 clips, 24 screws and 12 double-sided tape pieces.
Question & Answers
The Quick Pitch Standard Kit includes the smaller center ring for round drains. If you are using a square drain the Universal center ring is sold separately. We recommend the extra sticks because the smaller center ring included with the Quickpitch Standard kit is not needed when using the universal center ring.
Unfortunately, the longest length available for the Mark E Quick Pitch with the extension is 72" from the drain. The pitch would have to be continued without the assistance of the sticks.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Great product to get a consistent pitch in your custom shower pans for tile. Simple design and affordable.
GREAT GREAT Product!!!
It is a great invention to float and have showers have the right slope, works well in irregular showers too. just follow the mixing instructions for the concrete mix it is very important to have the mix dry.
I thought it was great, it made the job so much easier and faster. Also made the job better looking. We will be sure to use it on the next shower we have to install. Thanks.
makes it easy to install a custom shower stall like a pro