I was hoping to use this machine to get a quicker output on making bullnose, but it doesn't perform. The profile wheel on it makes major gashes on the tile so you still have to come back and do some major polishing to get a smooth edge. Your better off getting the Alpha B Wheel which still requires some polishing, but nothing like from using this machine. I lost alot of money buying this item, but it was my fault for not returning it back in time and my stubbornness to make it work. Now I just have a piece of equipment sitting there collecting dust. My hope is that I can still do something with it. We'll see. Honestly though I'd rather just get my money back and buy more Alpha profile wheels. Guess I'm stuck like chuck.
The MK-EZ Profiler was designed for shaping tile, granite, marble and limestone. It is lightweight and portable for easy transportation, making it perfect for on-site profiling. 1-1/4 hp high-torque motor.
MK-EZ Profiler Features
- Designed for easy and precise profile milling of tile and stone on the jobsite.
- Highly portable designed for job-site stone fabrication.
- It can bevel and bullnose material up to 18” long.
- Adjustable head allows up to 5/8" profiling
- Easy to clean thermoplastic water pan
- Cast aluminum control head with easy to adjust depth and location controls
- Convenient access to arbor shaft for shaping tool changes
- Powder-coated, heavy steel construction
- MK-Safeswitch™ prevents profiler from being operated when locking key is removed.
- Heavy-duty motor design for reliability.
- Complete range of standard profile shapes available.
- The profiler is housed in a thermoplastic pan for water containment and easy cleanup.
- Built with a heavy-duty reinforced steel frame, the MK-EZ is designed to ensure long life and superior performance.
- One-year limited warranty.
- Made in the USA.
- MK-EZ Profiling Milling Machine
- MK400BDB 3/8" Radius Profiling Diamond Bit
- Water Pump
- Operator's manual
|MK-EZ Profile Milling Machine Specifications|
|Power||1-1/2 hp / 7.4 amps|
|Max Profiling Depth||1-1/4"|
|Dimensionsd||36" x 24" x 11"|
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
The tool concept is great and for the most attempts to meet the advertised intent. However, the design implementation in regard to the setup could use some enhancing such as:
1. One piece fence vs 2 separate fences which are tedious to align separately (Note: A single fence system could be designed to curve behind profile bit or with a linking rod underneath the table using slots perpendicular to the table with tool-less wing nuts to adjust.
2. Include adjustment wrench storage clips or slots on tool frame or better yet where applicable implement knobs or large wing nuts for a tooless solution.
3. Provide standard 5/8 - 11 profile bit mounting stud. It's really sad that MK felt they had to implement a proprietary 5/8 - 18 profile bit mounting stud so your forced to by their profile bit.
The biggest issue, which Texas Bullnose already reviewed correctly, is the coarseness of the profile bit. It's way to course leaving deep gouges / striations in the material after bull nosing. They are so deep it's difficult and time consuming to remove them. All that is needed is to reduce the coarseness of the profile bit. You really have to wonder if MK actually tested the tool and profile bit in the real world.
I'll continue to use it since it's an expensive investment and I can't afford to buy another alternative solution at this time, but I would like MK to make a concerted effort to address the issues starting with the providing a finer grit profile bit.