A high performance, pliable, light weight peel and stick membrane designed for use under ceramic tile, stone and other hard surface installations. This reinforced high strength membrane performs as an anti-fracture and an acoustical underlayment system that eliminates the transmission of stresses from the substrate while dampening the transmission of impact and air borne noise through the floor to the room below. The unique design of this peel and stick membrane allows for usage in both commercial and residential settings where a quick dependable turnaround is required on interior installations.
- Available in both 40 mil (1.0 mm) and 90 mil (2.3 mm) thicknesses
- Fracture 40 size: 39.25 in. x 69 ft. = 225 sq. ft.
- Fracture 90 size: 39.25 in. x 36.6 ft. = 100 sq. ft.
- Must be installed on a clean substrate primed using Fracture Ban Primer
- Hot-applied polymer modified asphaltic adhesive coated on a 100% polyester non-woven with a #60 release liner paper
- Has a white non-woven surface for easy chalk line identification
- Acts as a water resistive barrier
- Prevents in plane cracks up to 3/8” (9.5 mm)
- Sound control: Fracture Ban 40 has a IIC of 14 and Fracture Ban 90 a IIC of 17 through independent ASTM E2179 testing.