Normally the underside of the Better Bench is not tiled. If you do tile the underside of the Better Bench a special thin-set will be required to bond to the metal.
The Better-Bench® is easy to install replacing other complex methods. Fully independent supporting unit can be mounted to most vertical surfaces quickly and efficiently, saving the tile installer valuable time. What once took days can now be done in about 30 minutes!
- Engineered 400 lbs load capacity.
- Can be mounted to most vertical surfaces quickly and efficiently, saving the installer valuable time.
- Self-supporting, one piece frame is easy to install with supplied fasteners requiring no additional waterproofing or structural reinforcement.
- Takes only minutes to mount, place mortar mix (sand and cement), and tile as desired.
- Use in wet or dry locations; mount over any U.B.C. approved substrate material.
- BB-30; 3" x 21.5" x 21.5" x 30" triangular bench.
- BB-24; 3" x 17" x 17" x 24" triangular bench.
- BT-17; 2" x 12" x 12" x 17" triangular shelf.
- BB-ADJR; 3" x 14" x 33.5" to 62" adjustable rectangular bench.
- BT-17S; Mid point corbel support for BB-ADJR.
- (BT-17S support required if spread exceeds 36")
- Invisabolt size: 3/4" x 17-1/2".
- The new Invisabolt system allows bench to appear free floating, 2 Invisabolt per package.
- Better-Bench® is constructed of alloyed aluminum and is sent as one piece.
- Includes hollow wall anchors and wood screws.
- When installing a Better Bench® over existing tile, we recommend purchasing a 3/8" Porcelain diamond Bit (to drill an anchor hole through tile) and a 3/8" masonry drill bit (available from your local hardware store) for drilling through the thinset and backer-board.
Question & Answers
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Well made and good, simple design. Easy to install, and once installed, solid as a rock.
this product was easy to install and a great choice over trying to frame a bench from scratch. [...]
This is a great product. I love it
I HAVE A COUPLE OF THE SMALLER SHELVES INSTALLED IN ANOTHER BATHROOM THAT HOLD SHAMPOOS, CONDITIONERS, BODY WASH, ETC. WHICH ARE PERFECT FOR THAT APPLICATION I KNEW THAT ONCE I RENOVATED MY OTHER BATHROOM THAT I WAS DEFINITELY GOING TO USE THE LARGER ONE FOR A BENCH FOR SHAVING ESPECIALLY. GREAT PRODUCT, I USED TO SELL CARPET AND TILE IN A RETAIL STORE AND ALL THE SALES PEOPLE WERE REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS PRODUCT. I THINK IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED PROFESSIONALLY BECAUSE TILING THE SHELF REALLY TAKES A PERSON WITH A TILING BACKGROUND WITH ALL THE CUTS THAT HAVE TO BE MADE.
FOR A MATCHING SHELF, ESPECIALLY IN A SHOWER OR TUB SURROUND, YOU CAN NOT BEAT THIS PRODUCT. WE DO CUSTOM TILE JOBS AND THIS PRODUCT HAS HELPED US THRU OUT THE YEARS TO ACHIEVE SOME OF THE MOST UNIQUE DESIGNS POSSIBLE.
Easy to install and is load bearing as described.
easy install, if you plan ahead and add blocking between wall studs.
This bench is so much easier to install than the typical shower bench. We are very pleased with the outcome of this product, and it holds more than twice the weight as the standard "build it yourself" shower bench. A definite recommend!
I have used these benches several times, and my customers love them.
The Better-Bench is my favorite style of shower bench. I like the openness underneath. It leaves a clean stylish look to any shower. Can even be used after tile has already been installed! End result is very sturdy and WILL hold it's weight.
This is a great product. I have been using it for years in custom shower installations, and customers love it. It is very easy to install (takes maybe an hour, max, including mixing your deck mud). It's easy to sell. Keep a picture in your portfolio to show. Everyone wants it. It sells itself. I have never done a custom shower without one.
the only thing that might help would be a bench a little larger than the 30 inch maybe a 36 inch.
I have used the Better Bench system for some time now. It is a great way to add a bench in the shower. You could even mount one anywhere else in your house if you wanted. The ease of installation is worth the cost. I have installed them over existing tile as well. I highly recommend this product. It will hold up to the 400lb. support as well. This sytem leave a nice clean finished look to the whole project. No need to tile the bottom as well!
This has to be the easiest way to build a bench. I installed this for a customer. I put a 2x4 horizontally between the studs where the bench was going to go. This way all screws but one were directly into a stud or wood. If you're a good mud person, installation is a snap. If you've never mixed or set mud before, practice beforehand to get your perfect mix. I made my mud much wetter when mudding the front side as that was the trickiest part. Great product at a very fair price!
My wife and I installed the adjustable rectangle bench in our new shower. I am not a professional and had no problems with the installation. The only thing I would improve are the instructions... they are not DIY friendly. While it did not take us long to figure out what we needed to do, some clear instructions with illustrations would have been a huge plus. Other than that - I would highly recommend this system to everyone.