The Gemini Taurus saw that we sell comes with the Mega Blade as it is able to cut a wide variety of products including tile, marble, granite and some glass.
Gemini Taurus 3 Ring Saw with Mega Blade
- Light duty ring saw, using the same technology found in the Revolution wet saw.
- The tool's cutting blade is a veritable "ring" of stainless steel whose 360 degree surface is completely coated with diamond grit.
- You can feed a piece of wall tile or glass into the blade from any direction and get a clean, accurate cut.
- Since the blade cuts so precisely, no further grinding is necessary.
- It produces finished cuts with intricacies that are impossible with conventional cutters.
- Portable, as it is easy to lift the motor and saw housing from the basin.
- Tile Shaper Separating Blade sold separately.
- The Taurus 3 is shipped with all of the components to use it as a hand held saw
- Bottom door ( soak bottom door in water before using to lubricate blade).
- Thumb screw.
- Bottom door clip.
- All blades cut the same materials: glass, tile, stone, shell, nonferrous metals, hard plastics such as acrylic and lexan, and anything that has a similar density to these materials.
- All blades use the same belt and grommets. Blades are interchangeable with the same belt and grommets and do not need to be changed unless they are excessively worn.
- Always let the blade do the cutting. Forcing the blade through the material in a hurry will not only cause a slower cut but can also shorten the blade life. There is an optimum speed for each blade in each material; you can feel it while you are cutting. Sensitivity to this causes extremely long blade life Defined it is that point at which you get maximum cutting speed for minimal pressure.
- Gemini Taurus 3 Tile Shaper Ring Saw
- 1 Mega Blade (installed).
- Integrated spot light.
- Removable face shield.
- 1 Stabilizer Foot
- 1 Instructional DVD and user manual.
|Gemini Taurus 3 Ring Saw Specifications|
|Motor - Electric 110 V||1/5 hp|
|Throat Depth||5-5/8 in.|
|Throat Height||1-1/2 in.|
|17-3/4 in. x 16 in.|
|Weight||14 lbs (in box)|
Question & Answers
No this saw does not use a water pump instead the water is picked up by the blade from the basin.
The Gemini Taurus 3 Tile Shaper Ring Saw is designed for thin material like stain glass and soft tile. If you try cut porcelain the blade will cut through the drive belt. The Gemini Revolution XT is the best option for thick material and porcelain.
The life of the blade depends on the type and thickness of the material. Click here for Gemini Taurus 3 replacement blades
Gemini Saw Company, Inc warrants the Gemini Taurus 3 ring saw and all of its component parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship. All of these components except wear parts* are under warranty for a period of one year from the date of purchase.�
�Note: Wear Parts include Blades, Bearings, Drive Belt, and Grommets.
We do not recommend the Gemini Taurus 3 Ring Saw for thicker material. It works best with thin stained glass and soft tile. When cutting thicker material or harder material like porcelain the blade has a tendency to cut through the belt. A better option would be the Gemini Apollo or Gemini Revolution XT ring saw.
Both motors are available for the Gemini Taurus 3.��110V part #: Y0949
�220V for Australia or Europe part #: Y0985��Call (800) 709-0002 to order
Item # 1032 Water Tub for Gemini Taurus 3 Saw. Call Us at (800) 709-0002 to order.
Yes, we ship internationally via UPS Worldwide Expedited. Please send a formal quote request to email@example.com.
The stock Mega Blade can cut granite up to 3/4" thick, however, you may have to remove the saw's stabilizer foot to utilize the full 3/4" cutting capacity.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
This is our second Taurus 3. The first had issues with the circular blade coming off the track which required taking it apart and reinstalling the blade and belt.
This model has not come off the track once and my wife (an artist) uses it at least 4 hours a day. We are very pleased.
Bought the Taurus 3 for cutting glass ceramic and glass mosaic.Love it..Blades are a bit costy though
The setup was easy and very fast. The instructions for use and the video were excelent and humorous. I started using the saw immediately and was making designs on glass and shaping minerals in half an hour. The saw works very well. I plan to use this saw frequently and will probably buy some of the enhancements.
For making stained glass projects, the saw is great. The only complaint is the blade, it wears out to fast and is very costly to replace
It was time to replace my favorite saw . Received a Taurus 3 Ring saw as a gift , Used it for about 3 years now . They are my tool I can't survive without .