Long lasting electroplated diamond hand pads are made of quality diamonds and adhesives to ensure consistent wear. Can be used to break edges, hone and/or polish materials such as quartz, glass, ceramics, composites and carbides. Hand pads feature unique diamond patterns so that they remain sharper longer. Color coded for easy identification. Use wet or dry.
- Diamond hand-pads work great on marble, glass, concrete hand polishing, glass kiln, petrified wood, ceramic, granite Tile, Quartz, Travertine, Terrazzo, artificial stone, natural stone hand polishing sanding & honing.
- Their ideal hand size allows for easy finishing on bullnosed shapes and areas that are hard to reach with power tools
- Not for use on polished flat surfaces.
- Foam block size is 2-1/4" x 4".
- 70 grit through 400 grit are electro-plated diamond and 600 grit through 3500 grit are resin bonded diamond pads.
- After 400 grit electro-plated pad is used, a 600 grit resin bonded pad makes the polishing transition smoothly.
- Just don't expect the work to go as quickly as with a wet belt sander or flat lap. Working with hand pads is usually time consuming, but it also affords a feel and an intimacy with the glass that's not usually possible with more elaborate tools.
- As with most grinding and polishing operations, a typical job calls for using a succession of grits, from coarse to fine.
- Diamond hand pads are color coded.
- Rough grinding and polishing work often starts with a 70 grit, then proceeds to 120, 220, and 400.
- Usually 600 grit is about as fine as people use with hand pads on glass; this won't leave a highly polished surface, but it will leave a nice satin sheen.
- Regardless of the grit you're using, be very cautious if you're working close to areas that you don't want to work with the hand pads.
- The pads will quickly scratch shiny surfaces.
- Perfect for abrading glass, fiberglass and composites.
- Invaluable for seaming and edging.
- 70 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 120 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 220 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 400 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 600 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 800 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 1800 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
- 3500 Grit Diamond Polishing Hand-block
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
GREAT! USED AFTER PROFILE WHEEL MAKES BULL NOSE MORE CONSISTENT THAN WITH POWER PADS.