Abrasive Technology Foam Diamond Hand Pads
- Electroplated pad uses nickel plating technology to hold each individual diamond in place
- Available in 70, 120, 220, 400 and 600 grits
- 800, 1800 & 3500 grits are resin bonded
- Diamond hand-pads work great on marble, glass, concrete hand polishing, glass kiln, petrified wood, ceramic, granite Tile, Quartz, Travertine, Terrazzo, artificial stone, natural stone hand polishing sanding & honing
- Their ideal hand size allows for easy finishing on bull-nosed shapes and areas that are hard to reach with power tools.
- Foam block size is 2-1/4" x 4"
Directions for Use:
- Just don't expect the work to go as quickly as with a wet belt sander or flat lap. Working with hand pads is usually time consuming, but it also affords a feel and an intimacy with the glass that's not usually possible with more elaborate tools.
- As with most grinding and polishing operations, a typical job calls for using a succession of grits, from coarse to fine.
- Diamond hand pads are color coded
- Rough grinding and polishing work often starts with a 70 grit, then proceeds to 120, 220, and 400
- Usually 600 grit is about as fine as people use with hand pads on glass; this won't leave a highly polished surface, but it will leave a nice satin sheen
- Regardless of the grit you're using, be very cautious if you're working close to areas that you don't want to work with the hand pads.
- The pads will quickly scratch shiny surfaces.
- Perfect for abrading glass, fiberglass and composites
- Invaluable for seaming and edging