7367 DuPont Stone Tech Honing Powder 400 Grit
- Product code: 7367
- Manufacturer: Stone Tech
$60.00 to $359.00
DuPont Stone Tech Honing Powder 400 Grit Extra Fine
Features and Benefits
- Creates honed finishes
- Sets up stone for polishing and shining
- Different grits eliminate mild to deep scratches
- Coverage (180 Grit, 280 Grit, 400 Grit): 1,000-2,000 sq ft per pound.
- Natural stone such as marble, limestone, travertine and terrazzo.
- Read entire label before using. Use only as directed.
- Always test in a small inconspicuous area to determine ease of application and desired results.
- Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application.
- Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional KlenzAll™ Cleaner if needed.
- Mask any surfaces not intended to be treated. If you are using a variety of abrasive grits, ensure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used for each changeover.
- Apply approximately 1/2 cup Honing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
- Refinish using a hand orbital sander or weighted floor machine at 130–140 lbs, 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad. Keep compound wet while refinishing with plenty of water.
- Add Honing Powder as needed.
- Refinish area until the desired level of hone has been achieved.
- Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all remaining compound.
- Clean equipment with water.
- Use successively higher grits of Honing Powder to close the face of the stone and follow with DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Polishing Powder and DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Shining Powder as applicable.