Diamond Polishing Hand Pad 8 Piece Kit
Our flexible diamond sheets come standard with hook and loop backing. Used with the heavy duty re-usable hand pad.
Ideal for finishing delicate pieces or reaching into areas that are hard to reach with bulkier automated tools.
- Re-usable hand pad provides more control and less waste
- Ergonomically designed Hook and Loop backed hand-block
- Diamond hand-pads works great on marble, granite, agglomerated stone, ceramics, glass and composites
- Their ideal hand size allows for easy finishing to surface shapes and areas that are hard to reach with power tools
- Not for use on polished flat surfaces
- Hand block size is 2-1/4" x 4"
Directions for Use
- Just don't expect the work to go as quickly as with a wet belt sander or flat lap. Working with hand pads is usually time consuming, but it also affords a feel and an intimacy with the glass that's not usually possible with more elaborate tools.
- As with most grinding and polishing operations, you will be using a succession of grits, from coarse to fine. To make this job easier, diamond strips are color coded.
- Rough grinding and polishing work often starts with a 70 grit, then proceeds to 120, 220, and 400.
- Usually 600 grit is about as fine as people use with hand pads on glass; this won't leave a highly polished surface, but it will leave a nice satin sheen.
- Regardless of the grit you're using, be very cautious if you're working close to areas that you don't want to work with the hand pads.
- The pads will quickly scratch shiny surfaces.
- Perfect for abrading glass, fiberglass and composites.
- Invaluable for seaming and edging.
- Re-Usable Hand Pad with Hook and Loop Attachment
- 70 Grit Diamond Polishing Strips
- 120 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip
- 220 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip
- 400 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip
- 600 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip
- 800 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip
- 1800 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip
- 3500 Grit Diamond Polishing Strip