I bought the 1 3/8" Dewalt diamond drill bit for drilling holes in my porcelain tile shower installation. It worked great. I drilled 7 holes in grade 5 porcelain tiles with no problems. I placed the tile in a tray. Then filled the tray with water so the tile was about 1/2 inch underwater. Then I put the drill bit on the tile so that both the drill bit and tile were completely underwater. I was using 18 inch tiles - so I ended up using one of those trays sold by Home Depot for mixing batches of cement. It was the only container I could find that would hold an 18 inch tile underwater. Its a great drill bit !!
9182 Dewalt Wet Diamond Porcelain Drill Bits
- Product code: 9182
- Manufacturer: Dewalt
$13.99 to $45.99
Dewalt Wet Porcelain Diamond Drill Bits
Variety of sizes allow drilling holes for towel racks, lights, toilet roll holders, mirrors, shelves, soap dishes, tooth brush holders and blinds or curtains.
- Drill through porcelain, granite, marble, tile, stone, glass and masonry.
- Vacuum Braze provides the strongest bond between diamond particles and the drilling surface of drill bit.
- Diamond welded tip for greater life & durability.
- Tested by our staff to drill more than 20 holes in hard porcelain.
- Reverse spiral thread delivers continuous water feed critical for life & speed.
- Core ejection slot removes plug for repetitious holes
- Use wet only
- Old fashioned Spear Point carbide bits no longer work on the new type of super-hard floor, counter and wall tiles. Diamond Drill Bits are the solution.
- All core drills have shaft sizes of 3/8" or less, for use in standard drills.
- 3/16", 1/4" - 700 to 1,500 Max RPM
- 5/16", 3/8", 1/2" - 1,200 to 2,000 Max RPM
- 5/8", 3/4", 1" - 1,200 to 2,500 Max RPM
- Hollow bore creates a core that guides the drill.
- Diamond grit edge, no bond to wear-away.
- Slotted edge and reverse thread spiral provide more water into the cut for quicker drilling and extended drill life
- Heavy-duty, single piece construction.
- Core ejection slot ensures continuous drilling.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
This drill bit saved me over 2 hours of tedious drilling. It is a must have for drilling in porcelain.
I tried to use a carbide (2) bit and got nowhere. This bit was incredible!
I followed the directions and used a misting bottle for water and the bit worked better and faster than I expected.