9952 Chameleon Tile Vent Floor Registers
- Product code: 9952
- Manufacturer: Isla Carmen LLC
$92.50 to $100.50
Stands out by blending in! Floors never looked this good before!
- Chameleon vent registers offer a flush-mounted, high-strength, versatile, finish to a new floor.
- Designed for use with hard-surface material such as ceramic tile, stone, hardwood and concrete.
- By incorporating pieces of the surrounding flooring, the Chameleon blends in, yet stands out as a true hand-crafted design.
- Material must be at least 1/4" thick or greater.
- Available in 3/8" or 1/2" thickness.
- Air damper available , item 9951
- The size of the vent opening in the floor will determine the size of the register. For example, a 4'' X 8'' opening calls for a 4'' X 8'' register.
- Flange size: 1-1/16''.
- 1. Start with our engineering strength, aircraft-grade aluminum frame and cradle.
- 2. Insert installer-cut pieces of floor material into the Chameleon's register channels.
- 3. The result: A custom installation flush with surrounding material, creating an integrated design.
- On manufacturing defects and a “no hassle” return policy if you are dissatisfied with the product for any reason. Custom sizes are available on request.
- The size of the Chameleon Register needed for a particular application is determined by the size of the opening in the floor.
- It is recommended that segment pieces be attached to the Chameleon using high quality clear silicon adhesive or caulk.
- The register frame can be adhered with screws, caulk, thin set or mastic.
- A Little Straight Talk While We Ask You to Consider, for a Moment, the Benefits of a Chameleon
- How many times have you heard someone mention how much they like the appearance of their floor registers? Would you say, "Almost never?"
- Exactly our point. Because, unfortunately, clunky and unsightly floor registers do little to improve the appearance of a new hardwood or ceramic tile floor.
- We know, of course, that many different kinds of registers have been introduced in the last few years in an attempt to change this situation. One solution, the integrated hardwood floor register, has really done a wonderful job. Maybe you've seen them. No problem there.
- But those wood registers just don't look right when used with stone and ceramic tile. And frankly, neither do the registers of brass or other materials.
- They don't provide an integrated appearance.
- They stand out, calling attention to themselves, so to speak. Our Chameleon registers, on the other hand, allow the beauty of hard surface flooring to take the center stage, where it belongs.
- Since the Chameleon is really a frame for filling with cut pieces of the surrounding tile or wood, each installation is a unique integration with the surrounding flooring. Goodbye clunky.
- The high-strength design presents an attractive vent register and furnishes just the right professional finishing touch.
- The independent, two-part frame and cradle also permit easy maintenance of the vent interior.
- Practical, durable and attractive: It's what the Chameleon is all about.
Instructions for creating a template for the Chameleon floor register:
Example; The vent opening in the floor needs a 2.25 x 10 register, you will need a template (use 1/2" plywood or similar material) which measures exactly 4.25" x 12". Install the template with double-faced tape or similar temporary adhesive on the subfloor, being sure to center it over the vent opening. You can then install the flooring material around the register, making allowances for the grout joint you are using with the field tile. You can leave the temporary template in place until the register arrives, then remove the template and install the register, grout the register, and you'll have a perfect finish to the floor.