You can feel the Aluminum case quality in your hand. The latch on fill cap fits the end hook securely when not using and WILL NOT come off. I can't tell you how many times my Irwin would get pinched under a tool in my tool bag, and when I went to grab it 10 ft of line would be unwound and chalk spilled on my tools. Nice lock so if your arms can span it, you can snap it with your free hand. Rubber o-ring to help keep out moisture. You can use also a thin braided line.
Tajima CR201R-PR Chalk-Rite II Extra Bold Chalk Box, Red Dye, 100 ft. (1mm x 30m)
- Contractor-grade chalk snap-line with 100 ft. (30M) of extra bold premium-grade braided line.
- Smooth five gear-drive winding, up to 3 times faster than standard snap-lines.
- Compact, fits comfortably in the palm of your hand yet holds up to 1.6 oz. (45 g) of chalk.
- Durable, heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum case sealed with an elastomer gasket.
- Positive gear-lock line hold, automatically releases during rewind.
- Also features a folding crank, easy-fill spout, and a tool to facilitate line replacement.
- End Hook can be attached to a stay to eliminate catching on other objects.
- Leaves a bold 1.2 mm mark.
- Includes a trial-size bottle of Red Micro Chalk.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
nice lightweight design works well. snaps up to 100 feet of thick, easy-to-see line. chalk can be quickly replaced through the top fill hole. comes with one small bottle of chalk but i suggest buying a replacement bottle just to stock up.