Thank you for contacting Contractors Direct.
You need to ensure the surface is clean and dry for at least 24 hours prior to applying an additional coat of sealer. There are no additional steps.
Aqua Mix Sealer's Choice Gold Penetrating Tile Sealer
- Premium, no-sheen, natural look, low VOC, water-based penetrating sealer formulated to provide maximum stain protection, especially in food preparation and serving areas.
- The NEW Rapid Cure Formula protects in less than 4 hours and is designed to achieve optimal penetration into dense, low-porosity surfaces.
- May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer over clean stone surfaces a minimum of 1 hour prior to grouting.
- Use on all natural stone (such as marble, granite, slate, travertine, and limestone), porcelain, quarry, saltillo, terra cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other porous tile and grout where a natural look is desired.
- Not recommended for use with composite or engineered stone.
- Expected wear is up to 15 years. Extreme weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods and high-alkaline or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
- Effective for interior and exterior applications.
- Coverage: Approximately 300 to 1,500 sq. ft. per coat per gallon, depending on type of stone, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity and method of application.
Tile & Stone Sealer Application
- For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
- Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer.
- Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is removed from surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
- If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
- 2 hours after final coat conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface.
- If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
- Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat.
- Keep area dry for 12 hours, achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
- Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
- Pre-Grouting Application apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting, follow application procedures above.
Question & Answers
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
All the research I have done on sealers this one always came out on top. many positive reviews with this product and when I seal the grout the tile, marble looks good
dries very quick and it looks great!
dries quick, the water beads up when it touches the surface. works great for a long time
very easy to apply. works good with marble and I used a brush to apply it. does not change the look of the finished product. sometimes sealers change the color and ruin the look