Alpha 5 lb. Bucket of Rust Stain Remover
Alpha® Rust Stain Remover Designed to remove ferrous oxide (rust) stains caused by iron, copper, bronze or other metals. It is important to remember that iron is sometimes present in most types of natural stones and stains from these natural iron minerals will be difficult, if not impossible, to remove.
- 5 lb. bucket
- Premixed poultice designed for easy applications.
- Simply mix with water, apply to the stained area and cover with plastic for 24hrs.
- As the stain remover dries it draws the stain from the stone.
- Use on horizontal or vertical applications.
- Metal Based Iron, Rust, Copper, Bronze.
- Indoor or outdoor use.
- Poultice covers approximately 15 square feet.
- Safe and will not affect the surface of the stone.
- Wet the stained area with distilled water to accelerate the removal by the chemical.
- Prepare the poultice, to the consistency of peanut butter. In other words, wet it enough so that it does not run.
- Apply the poultice to the stain being careful not to spill any on the non stained areas.
- Apply approximately 1/4 inch thick over-lapping the stain area by about one inch.
- Cover the poultice with plastic (food wrap works great).
- Tape the plastic down to seal the edges. Poke several small holes in the plastic so that the powder will dry out. Failure to do this may result in the poltice staying wet.
- Allow the poultice to dry thoroughly is a very important step. The drying of the poultice is what pulls the stain from the stone into the poultice material.
- If the poultice is not allowed to dry, the stain may not be removed.
- Drying usually takes from 24 to 48 hours.
- Remove the poultice from the stain. Rinse with distilled water and buff dry with a soft cloth.
- If the stain is not removed, apply the poultice again. It may take up to five applications for difficult stains.
- Some chemicals may etch marble and limestone surfaces. If this occurs, then apply polishing powder and buff with a piece of burlap to restore the shine.