First, let me say that I used a drill and not a grinder, and that my drill was probably too slow. But it took about 30 minutes and a LOT of pressure to cut through my 1-1/4" granite desktop.
Alpha High-Speed Dry Core Bit for Granite and Engineered Stone
Alpha Dry Core Bit Features:
- Now you can make faucet holes at the jobsite!
- Dry core bit for stone installers
- 5/8-11" female arbor, fits on high-speed & variable speed angle grinders
- Max 12,000 Rpm
- The Alpha® Dry Core Bit provides the best cutting performance and can drill through the toughest 1-1/4” granite or engineered stone countertop at the job site without using water
- Not only is this convenient but it also increases productivity by cutting down on the amount of clean up needed when using water
- Very fast cutting on granite and engineered stone
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Needed to drill through double layered 1.5" granite countertop already installed (total of 3" deep). First tried standard tile cutting hole saw. It wasn't deep enough and took about 30 minutes to go 1/4" deep using drill (was magically hoping this would work 'cause it was the stuff I had at the house already). Stepped it up to this product with a grinder and cut through the 3" double layered granite without use of water in about 1 minute. Amazing what the right tool will do. The guy at Contractor Direct took my call and steered me to this particular bit as compared to a few other options to specifically handle what I needed to do. He knew his product(s) and ultimately helped me get the job done without breaking a sweat, great advice, thank you. If you need to go through granite or stone (freehand on a grinder no less), this product kicks ...