Husqvarna HiperLith Concrete Densifier, 5 Gallon, 578273601
Use HiperLith densifier to increase the abrasion resistance and surface hardness of concrete floors.
How Does It Work?
- HiperLith reacts with the calcium hydroxide (lime) that is already present in the concrete to form calcium silicate, a harder crystalline compound.
- Calcium silicate fills the surface pores of the concrete floor, thereby increasing the surface hardness of the concrete.
- Once the concrete has been polished with a resin bonded diamond, the floor's abrasion resistance, hardness, and appearance will be greatly enhanced.
A pump sprayer, foam squeegee, and micro-fiber mop are required for application; no mixing or dilution is necessary.
- Step 1 - Grind the floor with 200 grit metal bonded diamond to better expose the pores in the concrete.
- Step 2 - Clean the floor and use a foam squeegee to remove any dust or debris.
- Step 3 - Spray a liberal amount (1 gallon per 300 sq. ft.) of HiperLith onto the floor and mop the densifier around to ensure that all concrete pores are filled - do NOT allow the product to pool or puddle.
- Step 4 - Let the concrete densifier dry completely before moving on to the next grinding step (4 - 8 hour cure time; HiperLith takes longer to cure in cold environments).
- 5 gallons of HiperLith concrete densifier covers approximately 1,500 - 2,000 sq. ft. (about 350 sq. ft. per gallon).
- Exact coverage may vary based on the porosity of the concrete.
HiperLith Shelf Life
- Unopened containers of HiperLith concrete densifier have a 3 year shelf life from the date of manufacture.
- HiperLith must be stored at room temperature (around 70°) - do NOT allow the product to freeze.
- Once opened, ensure that dirt, water, nor other contaminates accumulate inside the container.
- All application equipment (pump sprayer, squeegee, and mop) should be cleaned with water while still wet with HiperLith.