I was happy to hear that Raimondi came out with the 1/32 clips because I've found that the 1/16" clips really work out to be about 1/8" spacing. It seams more and more clients are wanting really tight grout lines and 1/16" is about the norm now.
Well these clips are quite different from the previous clips.
1. Nice bevel on one side so they slide under the tile better.
1. The spacer in the middle tends to clog up with thinset which then makes your space wider.
2. Most importantly these clips break really easy either by applying too much torque or even when you have them set and hit next to them with a rubber mallet to set the tile these clips will also break.
Overall I'll stick with the 1/16th clips. Spent way too much time lifting up tiles to replace the clips.
Raimondi RLS Leveling System 1/32" Clips
Raimondi Leveling Spacers have been sold in Europe for quite a few years and finally we're able to introduce them to you!
- If you're a tile installer, you're well aware of how difficult it is to properly set flexible, large format, heavy, or low-thickness tiles because, often times, the floor foundation is uneven and/or contains imperfections.
- Tiles that seemed uniformly leveled while first installing them can show differences as the tile adhesive sets, compromising the overall aesthetics of your initial hard work.
- With the Raimondi Leveling Spacers, this potential is no longer a threat to your perfect tile project.
- In addition to ensuring the proper leveling of tiles, this system helps speed the tile setting process.
- Greatly improves the overall quality of your tile project.
- Both installation and removal of the spacers are quick and easy!
- Sturdy Tile Wedge holds tiles better than competitors.
- Works well with both Wall and Floor projects!
- Tiles are not pulled from the thinset, they're pushed into it.
- Rather than worrying about voids and coverage, RLS spacers further enhance your thinset adhesion to your tiles!
- Regular Leveling Clip size: 1/8" (3 mm) up to 1/2" (8 mm) tile, 1/32" joint - the thinnest grout joint for the Raimondi Leveling System.
- Minimum required joint: 1/32", (1 mm).
- 1. After having spread the adhesive, insert the clip underneath the tile. In accordance with tile size and setting layout, put the clips just on tiles intersection or both on tiles intersections and sides.
- 2. In addition to the clip placed on tiles intersections, consider if to place one or more clips even on tiles sides in function of tiles size and setting layout.
- 3. Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet or a rubber tile beater.
- 1. Insert the wedge into the clip slot paying attention not to pass the break-point.
- 2. To facilitate this operation, the use of the special traction-adjustable-pliers is recommended.
- Once the adhesive is set, the protruding part of the clip, has to be removed by separating it from the base underneath the tiles.
- Breaking the clip is done by beating it on the thin side/section with a rubber mallet or even with feet.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
It was a brisk morning here in Minnesota the temperature was just low enough to see your breath but not low enough to wear my Great Uncle's heavy winter coat. I ventured out that day to get some supplies to work on the old home and after searching far and wide I decided to visit the internet to find the remaining supplies. I stumbled on this system known as the Raimondi Leveling Systems This is the exact thing I needed and it was coming from my grandparent's motherland (Connecticut). I ordered the product and waited with great anticipation for its arrival. When my local UPS driver delivered the package I was like a little kid on Christmas day. I opened it up and the headmaster (my wife) immediately put me to work. The tile work would make even the greatest installers of the land jealous. I Would strongly recommend this to anyone.